Manitou group is a worldwide reference in handling, access platforms, and earth-moving.
Its mission is to improve working conditions, safety, and performance throughout the world while protecting people and their environment. Through innovation and creating value for its stakeholders, the group affirms its ambition to always do better, be a driver of change, and contribute to moving the world.
- Exceed customers expectations with
- Drive the green transition for a sustainable
- Boost performance with streamlined
- Build success on one united team
To make this approach a success, team support must not be minimized. Users must be supported because this translates into a change in processes. In addition, you have to start the process, make mistakes, and correct but move forward with an iterative approach.
Gérard Le Berre
Manitou Group Chief Data Officer
Manitou deployed a data governance unit to ensure ownership and control of the organization’s processes for managing data as a business asset. The Manitou roadmap focused on three key pillars:
just the facts
The project methodology addressed the following:
- Sharing: Share the knowledge around the data
- Collaborate: Create a collaborative system to enrich the data knowledge
- Support: Provide continuous support for users during times of change
- Internalization: Ensure that data governance is integrated into the company’s project processes
- If Manitou Group had one piece of advice, it would be: Don’t wait to have everything you need to start your data governance project – Try, make mistakes, and correct!
The Manitou Group technology stack
Azure Data Lake Gen 1 & 2