Bouygues Telecom uses DataGalaxy to facilitate the centralization of customer data knowledge in order to maximize its value.
As a global communications operator in France, Bouygues Telecom stands out by bringing the best of technology to its 27.1 million customers every day. The excellence of its 5G and 4G networks, which now cover 99% of the market, and its fixed-line and cloud services enable its customers to simply and fully enjoy their personal and professional digital lives, wherever they may be.
- 2026 Ambitions:
- Rank No.2 in Mobile in France
- Gain 3 million new Fiber customers
- Double market share in B2B
Fixed-line and become a
player in Wholesale Fixed-line
DataGalaxy in one word: usability. Because it’s a solution that is really easy to use by each and every collaborator in the company, from the most novice to the most expert collaborator – and will allow them to fully understand, control and share data assets.
Project Manager . Data Governance
At Bouygues Télécom, the importance of a united and transversal vision of data had become clear. They implemented DataGalaxy to better master, understand and control their data. The roadmap focused on 4 pillars:
Adoption amongst all users
The implementation of the Data Catalog focuses on:
- Inventorying the technical sources and documenting the data virtualization processes
- Understanding the applied transformations
- Modeling of algorithms consuming the virtualized data and traceability of flows
- Improving the availability of information through functional documentation of each data element and creation of a common language
The project methodology addressed the following points:
- The iterative approach took place in two stages:
– Constitution of the enterprise metamodel
– Identification and realization of use cases
- The use case approach allowed the operational teams to initiate their collaborative approach
- Identification and monitoring of success indicators
- Opening the tool to users