CANAL+ uses DataGalaxy to optimize data management, improve team efficiency, and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Visit their website: https://www.canalplus.com/
- CANAL+ was facing difficulties with under-utilized or poorly exploited data and the collection of a large volume of customer data
- They chose DataGalaxy for our ease of use, and their users preferred using DataGalaxy over other options
- After implementing DataGalaxy, CANAL+ noted time savings, improved team onboarding, and the ability to localize sensitive data to ensure regulatory compliance
We chose DataGalaxy to provide us with a common repository that will enable us to better understand data, to know where it comes from, how it is transformed, how it is made available, and all this through a collaborative platform that will enable us to create, share and ensure that we have a common vocabulary across the company’s data.
Project context & strategic challenges
Faced with increasingly stringent regulations such as GDPR and CNIL and under-exploited data, CANAL+ was looking for a streamlined data catalog tool.
One of their main objectives was to remove data silos among their various teams. They wanted to have a common repository to better understand data, its source, transformation, and how it is used throughout the company.
CANAL+ chose DataGalaxy for several reasons:
- It’s a simple, user-friendly solution that’s easy to implement
- It was the no.1 choice among their users
- It’s a 100% SaaS solution with rapid implementation
The CANAL+ Data Knowledge Catalog
Canal+ adopted a proof of concept(POC) project approach to plan interviews and gather all the needs of the company’s various potential contributors and stakeholders. The CANAL+ POC was then divided into four phases:
- Retrieving metadata from their database to feed their Data Dictionary
- A set of scripts was written to feed the processing module
- Data retrieval using a Power BI connector to feed the usage module
- Populating the Business Glossary using an internal team approach
Results of using DataGalaxy
Why Canal+ loves DataGalaxy
- DataGalaxy provides a framework for better and more efficient data and metadata management
- DataGalaxy is a full SaaS solution that’s easy to deploy: CANAL+’s first use case was implemented in less than three months
- DataGalaxy is extremely user-friendly for business teams, facilitating internal adoption
Marc Di Vietri
CANAL+ Team Leader – Data (France and International)
“My advice for a successful approach is to involve business users throughout the project – At the selection stage, when the DataGalaxy solution is chosen, and throughout the project process right up to the deployment of the solution.”
CANAL+’s technology stack