+ Power BI
Power BI is a major data solution that covers a vast scope. Not only does it deal with data preparation and visualization, but it also covers data science topics, smart data automation workflows, native sharing, collaboration features and more.
Why use a data governance tool for Power BI?
Self-service data solutions all come with their unique concerns. Add the extended capabilities of Power BI on top of it, and you have an excellent data governance challenge with some particular implications:
- Which Power BI app is the right one when looking for financial data?
- Is there any sensitive data in the dashboard I’m about to share with my customer?
- Who will be impacted when switching our data lake source to our new ERP system?
- Power BI has a lot of creative flexibility but can quickly overwhelm users with too many possibilities when looking for precise information.
Such information cannot be found or stored easily in Power BI, and that’s where your data governance tool comes in place, giving you the ability to document and go further than what Power BI by itself can do.
lightspeed online start
Start your Power BI data catalog in 10 seconds
- Power BI Admin APIs have been a game-changer in data governance matters. Combined with DataGalaxy online connector features, you’ll be able to schedule the import process if you want to stay synchronized with your or your colleagues’ changes in Power BI.
Get valuable knowledge insights out of Power BI
Start managing your Power BI assets
Here is a sample of what you can see in DataGalaxy once your import is complete. From here on, you and your team can start adding key metadata to govern those assets: accountable people, categorization tags, confidentiality levels…you name it.
Visualize insightful lineages
Once your Power BI assets are synchronized, internal and external dependencies will be created and you can start exploring a company’s scoped lineage.
Identify critical lineage paths
Because relationships can become complex and numerous, privileged links can be defined as golden links, keeping you focused and on the right track.
Common business vocabulary
But that’s just the beginning! DataGalaxy’s Data Governance capability is all about talking with a common business vocabulary referenced in your central glossary.
DataGalaxy helps you by automatically generating a business glossary from your data source, either linking it to existing assets in your business glossary or adding new entries when necessary.
Metabot IA engine
Our metabot IA engine will help you here, giving you the ability to deduplicate, analyze, and create relevant business terms from your looker assets, as well as linking existing business definitions with the metadata you have just imported.
And the way back?
Never get stuck in Power BI! There’s no need to waste time going back and forth between your data governance tool and your data visualization services. Our Chrome plugin gives you all the powered search and browsing capabilities. All the right information is at your fingertips.
You might also like