VIASANTÉ uses DataGalaxy to optimize its customer experience with a common customer data repository and strengthen its data governance.
VIASANTÉ Mutuelle is an interprofessional mutual insurance company governed by the French Mutual Insurance Code.
It is the health mutual of the AG2R LA MONDIALE group, serving individuals, professionals and companies. It is one of France’s top 10 mutual insurers, with nearly one million people covered.
Visit their website: www.viasante.fr
- With a data challenge focused on improving customer knowledge, VIASANTÉ Mutuelle was looking to optimize its data governance.
- DataGalaxy was chosen for its agility, intuitive features and comprehensive support during deployment, meeting both business and technical requirements.
- VIASANTÉ now has a clear view of its customer data, which has boosted the efficiency of its teams, improved compliance management, and helped the company achieve its goal of a better customer experience.
We chose DataGalaxy to provide us with a common repository that will enable us to better understand data, to know where it comes from, how it is transformed, how it is made available, and all this through a collaborative platform that will enable us to create, emulate, share, and ensure that we have a common vocabulary across the company’s data.
Customer Data Manager
Project background and strategic challenges
Following a diagnosis of their customer relationship management, VIASANTÉ’s general management initiated a transformation program with a strategy of being resolutely customer-oriented.
The challenge set for 2019 was to deliver memorable customer experience to achieve loyalty objectives. This translated into a data-driven approach, aimed at improving their knowledge of the customer, and a customer-centric approach, aimed at improving customer journeys and associated resources.
This approach led them to define a governance framework based on four axes:
- Organize around data by identifying the players, their roles and responsibilities
- Have a common language defined in simple terms to ensure that it is easily understood
- Guarantee data quality to meet business and regulatory requirements and identify the data life cycle from source to use
- Enable data to be shared and disseminated in a controlled manner
The Data Knowledge Catalog implementation process
During their search for a data catalog, DataGalaxy was chosen for several reasons:
- Its agility an easy-to-learn platform for business and IS users
- The tool met their needs both functionally and technically
- The support provided during implementation was comprehensive
DataGalaxy was implemented in several stages, starting with a validation of priority use cases and their objectives with business teams. Next:
- Eleven reference data owners were appointed from several teams including customer relations, sales, contract management, and services
Data stewards (mainly business users) were the first users to feed the Business Glossary with definitions validated by the data owners
- Technical teams were then put in place with a technical referent appointed to ensure documentation of the Data Dictionary
- Specific business and IT monitoring committees were set up to coordinate documentation work according to needs and current projects
- “Data breakfasts” and ongoing trainings have been organized to encourage adoption of the tool and raise awareness of data-related issues
Results of using DataGalaxy
The benefits of DataGalaxy according to VIASANTÉ
- An user-friendly interface that meets operational and functional needs
- Accessible to both technical and sales teams
- The ability to tag RGPD data for compliance purposes
- Comprehensive support provided by DataGalaxy teams throughout the product’s set-up, deployment, and continued use
Customer Data Manager
“I’m convinced that DataGalaxy will help to facilitate and accelerate decision-making for any new study or project launched within VIASANTE. It provides us with a transverse and global vision of data management that we didn’t have until now.
DataGalaxy has clearly boosted our data governance deployment initiative, meeting our objective of improving our knowledge of customer data and fostering the development of a data culture at VIASANTÉ. “
The VIASANTÉ data stack